I glanced over Susan's shoulder yesterday and caught a headline on the newspaper she was reading, one of those 2007: A Year in Review things, and I muttered, "Two-Thousand Seven was a stupid year." I'm ready for a new calendar, a fresh start, and I find myself focused on my lack-of-relationship woes, my expanding waistline, job stresses, and the distance between my nephews and me (they're in Istanbul, remember?), among other things.
But as we spoke further, we were able to come up with lots of things that made 2007 a wonderful year. So I now put my grumbling aside to give you our retrospective of the year that is rapidly coming to a close:
- Mom, Dad, and I paid our respects to President Gerald Ford as he laid in state in Grand Rapids
- I organized my albums Big-Picture style
- We enjoyed a snow day
- Colts won the Super Bowl!
- We got our laptop - can't remember life without it!
- CHS made the Indiana High School Sweet 16!
- We enjoyed an early thaw, and then more snow
- We had an awesome Spring Break in Chicago
- Susan celebrated her birthday
- We flew to Utah to film a DVD for Creating Keepsakes magazine
- Joe and I took a weekend trip to Cincinnati for his birthday
- Susan gussied up for the CHS prom
- Jamie and Amber Drake were married
- The Tigers were on fire, and Justin Verlander pitched a no-hitter!
- We had many adventures with our nephews
- Andrew and Mollie Rohde were married
- Susan attended her 20th class reunion
- We experienced CHA
- Chase and Carter Tonnies turned one
- We started another school year
- Susan visited Carolyn in Buffalo
- I was treated like a goddess on my birthday
- We gave a well-received presentation at school on Assessment for Learning
- We enjoyed some precious time with Kurt and family before their move
- We dressed as witches on Halloween and were on the Diva Craft Lounge podcast the same day!
- Susan spent a weekend with Barb Hogan and friend Jan Connair in Ohio
- Reagan Carter Pickett was born
- Mom and Dad came for Thanksgiving
- We partied with both the Hillis and Opel families in separate gatherings
- We spent Christmas in Canada
- Sabrina, Aidan, and Kate Biancofiore were born! (planning to visit soon...will post pics then!)
So maybe it wasn't such a stupid year after all! We have been able to do many wonderful things and enjoy the blessings of friends and family. As 2008 dawns, we anticipate even more great times:
- The possibility of another DVD shoot
- The Scrap, Etc. event in Nashville in April
- Our parents' 50th wedding anniversary in August
- And many more lovely surprises!
God bless you all, dear blog readers! Happy New Year!