People often refer to things they want to accomplish or experience in their lives as a (before I kick the) bucket list. The other day I realized that I have several wishes just in the realm of sports. And then I wondered what was holding me back from just doing some of them.
So I'm gonna check off "See a Tigers spring training game." Yep, Yanks at Tigers on March 27. Woo!
And maybe, in a "My Name Is Earl" fashion, I'll just write down the rest of that list and start getting after it. What would the list include?
- Indy 500. Don't care about the cars...it's the spectacle. I lived in Indiana for 10 years and never did this?
- Kentucky Derby. Greatest two minutes in sports. And the hats!
- Red Wing game. Sadly, I've never been. Saw the IHL Saginaw Gears back in the day. But c'mon, the WINGS!? What's up with that. Must remedy this omission.
- Michigan Final Four game. It could happen again!
- Michigan/Ohio State football game. While I'm on a U of M kick...Greatest rivalry in sports. Go Blue!!
- Super Bowl. Just such an American cultural EVENT. How about Lions vs. Colts? A girl can dream!
- Run a 10K. I've never been a runner, but it seems doable. Why not? I like having a goal to shoot for.
- Go fishing. I grew up and Michigan and have never fished. It seems so peaceful...a boat on a lake...
- Ice skate at Rockefeller Plaza. At Christmastime. Less about sports, more about that "awwwww" factor!
I actually HAVE been to the Olympics (LA '84), so that's a cool one to have under my belt...and I could really list dozens more...But the BIG one...let's add another year to this banner, and let me be there when it happens!!!
The other day someone made a comment about how weird it is that I'm such a fashiony girly girl AND a sports nut...what can I say? That's me. Thanks for indulging my little dreams...What would be on your sports bucket list?